Postdoctoral Scholar, Visiting Assistant Professor of Music (Voice/Collaborative Piano)
Music Addition, MA104
- D.A. in Solo and Collaborative Piano, Ball State University, 2013
- A.D. in Solo Piano, Ball State University, 2009
- PG.Cert. in Collaborative Piano, Saint Petersburg State Conservatory , 2007
- M.M. in Solo and Collaborative Piano, Saint Petersburg State Conservatory , 2005
- B.M., Saint Petersburg State Conservatory , 2003
Nikolay Verevkin is a postdoctoral scholar and visiting assistant professor of voice at the Indiana University Jacobs School of Music.
He earned a Doctor of Arts degree and an Artist Diploma in solo performance and collaborative piano from Ball State University, where he served as a staff accompanist and the coach for its opera productions. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees with high honors in piano and chamber music from Saint Petersburg State Conservatory (Russia), where he was a sought-after collaborator and voice coach.
Verevkin’s career highlights include concert tours in Europe and North America, both as soloist and collaborative pianist. He is an alumnus of the Music Academy of the West (2013) and Toronto Music Academy (2011, 2012), where he studied art song and interpretation, opera coaching, and conducting.He has studied and worked with some of the most prominent musicians of our time, including Marilyn Horne, Sir Thomas Allen, Gerald Finley, Carol Vaness, Sanford Sylvan, Warren Jones, Roger Vignoles, John Churchwell, and Craig Rutenberg.